M/U Performing Arts Technical Director and Technical Theatre Teacher
Wildwood School is an urban, coed, college-preparatory, K-12 school in West Los Angeles recognized for its innovative practices, progressive pedagogy, and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Celebrating its 50th anniversary, the school enrolls 725 students in three divisions on two campuses. Wildwood School’s deep commitment to ongoing professional development feeds a renowned Outreach Center that has provided programming for public and independent school teachers, administrators, and trustees in over 16 states and eight countries. Wildwood School is also a founding member of the Mastery Transcript Consortium.
Wildwood School is currently seeking a dynamic educator who is interested in and responsive to an evolving and innovative educational environment. Wildwood teachers are active participants in the life of the school who understand that we are all responsible for the learning, care, and growth of all Wildwood students. Teachers at Wildwood are encouraged to be life-long learners in their craft who enjoy opportunities to participate in or launch new initiatives.
Ideal candidates for our current opening for a Performing Arts Technical Director and Technical Theater teacher have:
● Demonstrated commitment to anti-bias education and diversity, equity, and inclusion work
● 3+ years of teaching experience in a related or exact course
● 5+ years of technical theater experience
● Bachelors and/or masters degree in Theater, Education, or theater-related experience
● Training, demonstrated professional development, or certification in teaching and learning
The position entails:
● Technical direction of Wildwood Performing Arts productions
● Direction of all after-school Performing Arts technical theater programs
● Teaching of middle and upper school electives in technical theater
● Management of the theater space and shop
Core duties of all Wildwood teachers include:
● Collaborating with colleagues to design instructional materials, projects, and assessments
● Differentiating instruction to meet the needs of a range of learners
● Assessing student mastery of course standards
● Actively engaging in department work to align with colleagues and course standards
● Utilizing a variety of assessment methods to inform instruction
● Providing comprehensive feedback in narrative form twice a year
● Communicating proactively and consistently with students and families regarding student growth and development
Additional responsibilities of Wildwood teachers include:
● Serve as advisors, executing Wildwood’s advisory curriculum with an emphasis on social-emotional learning, multicultural skills building and academic oversight.
● Contribute to the work of school committees and task forces
● Chaperone outdoor education trips
● Provide supervision for special events and during lunch, recess, and passing periods
Qualified candidates may submit via email a letter of interest, current resume, references, and any additional documents to the attention of Christina McCrary at firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more about Wildwood School, visit our website at www.wildwood.org.
Wildwood School is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We want to have the best available persons in every job.
Wildwood School policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex, gender identity, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition including genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local law or ordinance or regulation. Wildwood School also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful.
The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the School’s non-discrimination policies, including its Title IX policy:
Director of Human Resource
Director of Equity and Inclusion
Wildwood School 11811 Olympic Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90064 12201 Washington Place, Los Angeles, CA 90066
For assistance related to Title IX or other civil rights laws, please contact OCR at OCR@ed.gov or 800-421-3481.