High Point University and the Department of Theater & Dance invites applications for a one year Visiting Assistant Professor position to teach design and collaborate on theater & dance productions for the 2021-2022 season. This is a one-year post and candidates are welcome to apply for full-time positions for the 2022-2023 academic year. Specialty areas in Design are open and applicants should demonstrate their particular field(s) of expertise in their application. We are seeking highly creative theater artists with a passion for teaching. The department seeks candidates who share the department’s commitment to creative problem solving, the creative process, social awareness, and a strong work ethic for a full season highlighted by new works. Join us for a year of creative collaboration in a growing university with a vibrant Theater & Dance program in the heart of North Carolina.
- M.F.A. required, in theatre design; Ph.D. considered with extensive production experience in theatre.
Experience and Training:
- Previous college teaching experience preferred.
- Computer aided design knowledge required.
- Record of ongoing professional and/or academic activity in theatre design showcasing strong collaborative skills.
- Strong commitment to effective teaching and mentoring undergraduate students.
- Position responsibilities include teaching and designs for theatrical and dance productions.
- Oversee and implement designs for six mainstage theatre and dance productions.
- Attend department activities on nights and weekends such as technical rehearsals, work calls, light hangs, load-ins, and strikes.
The following application materials must be uploaded as one file/attachment with Resume and CV.
- Cover letter addressing the applicant’s qualifications, passion for design, and why they are interested in the position.
- Current CV.
- Three letters of recommendation, one of which speaks to the applicant’s potential or experience in teaching
- Portfolios can be sent under separate cover to Doug Brown at email@example.com
For additional information regarding this position, please contact Doug Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org.