Smoky Mountain Opry located in beautiful Pigeon Forge, Tennessee is seeking a dynamic Lighting Technician.
The purpose of this position is to prepare, rig, operate and maintain stage lighting systems and electrical effects. Position works closely with lighting designers, sound technicians, the director and stage manager to combine their advanced knowledge of theatrical lighting to create the desired onstage atmosphere – enhancing the live theater experience.
- Program and operate lighting, video, and laser systems during shows as directed by the lighting designer, and take cues from the Stage Manager throughout the production.
- Make programming adjustments for any particular show based on daily needs or notes from management.
- Carry out preshow duties; test and refocus (if necessary) all equipment.
- Actively observe safety and security procedures; ensuring that all technical equipment is in good/safe working order.
- Assemble, install , maintain and operate lighting equipment.
- Create and update cue book, save all show files and back-up files.
Ideal candidate will have an Associates degree in lighting design, lighting technology, performance technology or technical theater. Previous lighting technician experience is strongly desired with a good understanding and working knowledge of AC and DC electrical current.
Please send resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
About Smoky Mountain Opry
The Smoky Mountain Opry is the area's largest musical variety show featuring music from Big Band Swing through today's country. See the most talented cast of singers, dancers, comedians, and musicians the Smokies has to offer!