Norcostco, the nation’s oldest theatrical supply company, is growing at a rapid pace, and we are seeking qualified costume rental sales candidates to join our awesome team!
Job description: This role will work to develop new relationships and provide service to our diverse customer base, which includes theatre, dance, film, cosplayers, etc. This person will work to collaborate with clients to ascertain specific needs. You will be measuring walk-in customers for size and fit, pulling costumes by size in appropriate time period, accessorizing to complete a look, alterations or repair of costumes as needed, rental stock rotation, and overseeing laundry. Other duties include answering customer inquiries via phone and email, up-selling in the makeup/retail department, invoicing customers, working at cash register, and outreach/follow-up with customers to boost sales. Other duties as needed/required.
This role will work as a part of the team directly under our Costume Rental Manager.
Top requirements for this position include:
- · Knowledge of musical theatre
- · Knowledge of costume history
- · Basic sewing and alteration skills
- · Sales/retail experience
- · Excellent customer service skills
- · Written and oral communication
- · Computer literate (Microsoft Office, QuickBooks)
- · Ability to multitask, meet deadlines, and follow through with tasks
- · Ability to take initiative and think creatively
- · Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- · Must have Saturday availability
Bonus skills we’re on the lookout for:
- · Millinery
- · Knowledge of and use of industrial machines
- · Wig and hair background
- · Makeup experience (stage, beauty, sfx)
Benefits offered include:
- Paid sick time, paid holidays, and vacation time after one year.
- 401K and profit sharing programs
- Networking with industry professionals in both film and theatre
- Flexible schedule
- Employee rental rates and discounts
- Ongoing education through our industry classes and events
Interested candidates please send cover letter, resume, and references to Costume Rental Manager Marie Quintero at email@example.com for consideration.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org