The Theatre Technical Director for Lee University has the daily responsibility for the safe and timely implementation of all aspects of the company’s technical production needs – which may including sound, video, and set construction. [NOTE: Due to the small size of the company, the T.D. position refers to the broader definition and is not solely a set construction focused role. We are looking for a jack of all trades.] The T.D. provides support for our full production season. They will also mentor students in all areas of stage craft, including stage management and design if experienced in those areas. The individual in this position works independently and takes initiative by playing an integral role in managing the company’s technical operations and providing production support. This is a full time position.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Implementation of all technical areas including scenic & props construction/sound/video setup, etc. during daily operations and all phases of production.
· Supervise, mentor, and assist students in all areas of technical production.
· Ensure orderly and safe construction, rigging, tear down, demolition, and/or storage of scenic, sound, and property elements.
· Maintain storage and organization in all relevant facilities.
· Monitor the condition of equipment; arrange for the repair and replacement within budgetary constraints; perform preventive maintenance on equipment.
· Order construction materials; Produce construction drawings; Develop build (including paint) schedule; Develop load-in schedule; Communicate budget and schedule to Theatre Coordinator and production teams.
· Organize and run production crews.
· Monitor and respond to rehearsal and performance reports.
· Act as technical point of contact for visiting artists.
· Attend tech rehearsals, and designer runs, in order to supervise and assist in the technical aspects of mounting productions.
· Other related duties as assigned by the Production Manager or Theatre Division Coordinator.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Minimum: BA/BFA and 2 years’ experience or 7+ years field experience. MFA preferred as the position may include design opportunity and adjunct teaching. Must be experienced in set construction. Experience with sound, rigging, and digital media is preferred. Must be experienced with computers (Mac necessary, both preferred). Interested candidates should send a letter of interest and current resume to Dr. Christine Williams, Discipline Coordinator for Theatre, at email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org