The Technical Director should have a combination of experience in stage production – lighting, scenic painting and construction building, and sound. With little supervision, the Technical Director will handle all of the logistics and execution for scenery and overall sound and lighting design. (Set design skills a plus but not required).
- Preferred MFA in Technical Theatre
- Minimum: Bachelor Degree with an emphasis in Technical Theatre and three years professional experience or the equivalent professional experience.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Design (if possible) and build sets, design lights, and sound for shows and concerts.
- Manage pre-production, production, and post-production details, coordinating all aspects of production activity; develop and meet production timelines, ensure effective communication throughout the production cycle, and attend production meetings.
- Coordinate and supervise tech crew (if any), load in, and post-production strikes.
- Based on production needs: run sound and/or lights
- Manage and oversee events (productions, fundraisers, any other event).
- TD or assist at any off site ECTC fundraisers, productions, or events.
- Assist with prop design, construction, and painting.
- Maintain the organization of the stored props, set pieces, and the shop and shop area.
- Maintain the theatre space (front of house, theatre, back of house) including any minor repairs, waste removal, and safety issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
Along with all duties listed above, an ideal TD Candidate should also have the following attributes:
- Relevant experience in technical theatre.
- Self-motivated and able to complete tasks with little supervision
- Knowledge of structural engineering as it applies to theatrical construction and knowledge of and ability to execute theatrical rigging in a safe and functional manner.
- Physical ability to lift at least fifty pounds, climb ladders, drivers licence, and have reliable transportation.
Effective communication skills with students, adults and colleagues
- Positive attitude and sense of humor.
- $38 – $45k plus partial benefits
To apply please send cover letter, resume, portfolio, and references to Nathanael Fisher, email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Emerald Coast Theatre Company
Emerald Coast Theatre Company is a 501(c)(3) founded in 2012 by Nathanael Fisher, MFA, and his wife, Anna Fisher. Based in Miramar Beach, Florida, ECTC’s mission is to enrich and entertain the Emerald Coast community through professional and educational theater. ECTC operates year-round with a two-fold mission to provide both educational and professional offerings to the Northwest Florida community. Educational outreach includes after school and home-school programs, touring and staged productions, summer camps, workshops and classes. The professional theater efforts are focused on thought provoking productions as well as acting and improv workshops and classes for adults.