Cleveland Play House, recipient of the 2015 Regional Theatre Tony Award and America’s first professional regional theatre is offering a 10-month paid fellowship during the upcoming 2019-20 Season for an African American Fellow with at least five years of post-undergraduate theatre or arts administration experience. CPH seeks to fill this fellowship with an African American candidate because we believe that African Americans have been historically marginalized in our sector and are currently underrepresented in leadership positions in the nonprofit professional theatre. This Fellowship is part of CPH’s ongoing efforts to work toward a more equitable, inclusive, and diverse community.
Managing Director Fellow will receive a monthly stipend of $2,500 (total of $25,000) and a public transportation pass.
- Participating in season planning, specific to overall budget
- Weekly one-on-one seminar with the Managing Director
- Weekly one-on-one seminar with the Associate Artistic Director on leadership development
- Participating as an integral member of the administration team
- Enhancing fundamental skills to nonprofit arts administration
- Learning about nonprofit governance and working closely with the Board of Directors
This position will gain experience in the following areas: management, fundraising, marketing, strategic planning, governance, finance and human resources. This is an ideal position for a skilled nonprofit professional interested in learning the operations of a large regional theatre. Contract runs from August 19, 2019 to June 12, 2020.
Application deadline is March 11. Submit application at: https://www.clevelandplayhouse.com/jobs/fellowships or by emailing email@example.com
Cleveland Play House is an equal opportunity employer and encourages inquiries about this position from a broad spectrum of candidates reflecting the diversity of the community we serve.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org